Monday, November 26, 2007

Growing up

I have survived the winter bug - just! Felt awful all last week and in the end succumbed to a day off on Friday, at the peak of feeling crappy. As a result, I didn't get out on Saturday night either (a combination of illness and lack of babysitter), but am fighting fit once again!

In other news, my plans for house buying next November have just become a little scuppered, as the last plot on the estate I want is now going to be completed in MARCH!!!! So, as a result I am now having to bring everything forward 8 months, keep everything crossed and not spend a bloody penny after christmas! Will be worth it though, if I get it, because I really, really, really want this house!

Mortgage broker is ringing tomorrow with figures and offers, so fingers crossed I will be sending my application in in the next few days and then will just have to wait and see....!

It's a bit scary to be honest, I feel all grown up!


PS. This is not the house I want (obviously, it's not built yet!), but the picture I am using everywhere - for motivation!

4 comments:

Alfie said...

We do so wish you well with this venture. It'll be worth the sacrifices.

Vi said...

ooo, good luck! I can't believe the builders are actually EARLY for once! Fingers croseed for really bad weather and they get delayed!

Rachel said...

Good luck on the house buying, just don't eat and exist for a few months

Complex Girl said...

Thanks Alfie. I do so hope so! Think I need all the good wishes I can get!!

Lol - now that certainly is a good plan Vi :-) I'm off to look up some rain dances...!

Cheers rach. I guess at least I'll be thinner!!