Sunday, June 24, 2007

Down time

A quiet, but calm weekend this weekend.

One of my members of staff is leaving at the end of the month, so Friday evening we had a few drinks in honour of her departure, which involved much rushing around after work, collecting fabulous Disco and fella from work town, driving back to hometown, a quick wash and brush up then back to worktown, enjoying a few beverages, chatting and giggling before returning back to hometown, driving back to worktown to take Disco and fella home again (left Y babysitting for 1/2 hr as X was sleeping in bed so no trouble), then back for a third and final time to hometown! It's amazing what I have to do to get out for a few hours!

Yesterday, was swimming lessons (no SPM, damn!) for X, followed by a quick wander around town before she went to daddy's at 3pm for the night. I'm still broke so insteading of finding something to do I decided to spend a bit of me and Y time, and we headed off to the cinema to watch Fantastic Four. Film was pretty good, made even better by the appearance of Julian McMahon, who I'd completely forgotten was in the first film, and always brightens up a cinema screen, and apart from a little memory flashback of being fed revels in the same cinema with a different film, was a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours.

We spent the rest of last night ensconced on the sofa in front of the tv, after munching on home made burgers, and then a fairly early night, which didn't stop either of us being in bed until lunchtime today! Headed off to the local swimming pool this afternoon for a bit of exercise, followed by the obligatory trip to Sainsbury's, before X's return, a tea of tomato soup, and some more sofa snuggling in front of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang before bed.

Managed to dredge up another (decidedly dodgy and underform) post for the latest Big Blogger task and lo and behold the weekend is over!

7 comments:

Alfie said...

[Steps back in amazement.] You manage to fit so much into your life.

Vi said...

mmmmmmmm, Julian McMahon, yum!!!

Been a fan of his since the days he was in 'Home and Away!'

Did you know he's the son of an Ex prime minister in Oz? Bit of trivia for you!

Fat Controller said...

Tomato soup and watching classic kiddies films on the sofa...A perfect sunday afternoon. That brings back memories of when we didn't have to worry about where they were, what they were up to and with whom!

The Boy said...

That is a laid back weekend? I'd hate to see you in a manic mode! Sounds like a good one though

Fire Byrd said...

It must be me. i tried making sense of Big Blogger, but my poor little brain glazed over at the enormity of the task of reading so much stuff to find you're bit.

So i admit to being an abject failure and so enjoyed your weekend stuff instead.
px

Ordinary Girl said...

It actually felt like a pretty empty weekend Alfie, lol.

I did! (Only cos I linked his biography and had a little squiz). And OH YES, Julian McMahon!!

Lol, I'm sure my days of worrying are soon to come FC!

Again, it actually felt like a pretty relaxing weekend, duddler. Unfortunately the days of really big weekends seem to be behind me! For now at least... ;-)

Bless you pixie. It is big coming into it late. Have updated my link to my BB post direct :-)

Tobiwan said...

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang will always give me a very dirty grin no matter how much I realize it's a kid flick.

To make matters worse, the main character is played by Dick Van Dyke.

*chuckle*