Friday, January 12, 2007

Get it together woman!

Don't know what's the matter with me at the moment! My emotions are playing havoc with me and I think somebody (God, fate, Devil, whatever!!) is taking the piss!!

I can't quite shake the dream thing. I thought blogging it all would kind of shift it from my headspace but it doesn't appear to have done the trick. I was emotional while typing it yesterday, but obviously was at work so managed to hold it together!

Spent the rest of yesterday feeling pretty normal; busy at work and then doing outreach last night, and no stupid dreams during the night hours. Woke up this morning as usual, feeling fine (well as fine as I can be getting up in the morning!), got up, shouted at children, packed lunches, did the school run, stoppped and filled up with petrol, and then headed for work....

First song on the radio - 'Together in Electric Dreams'. What the fuck!!!!! You have got to be joking!! It just set me right off. And as if that wasn't bad enough, closely followed by... 'Against All Odds'. No fucking way!!!!! Well, that's it for me really. Tears, tears and more tears. And it's not even 9.30am!! Fortunately, the radio decided to stop tormenting me and followed up with "Gimme All Your Loving", and by the end of it I had managed to stop the twattiness of me and had pulled myself together! (I am heading for work after all!!!). But, naive that I am to think that it was over, the final song in this little section was 'Smooth Operator'; Sade, his favourite artist. Seriously, somebody is having a laugh at my expense!

Thank fuck I've arrived at work!

9 comments:

Alfie said...

Emotions playing havoc .... Shouting at the kids .... Tears, years, tears .... I'm surprised no MCP at woek hasn't whispered "time of the month" - before running for cover.

But seriously, I'm really sad to think of you going through such a rough patch emotionally. Hope things get better very soon. How are plans progressing for the trip to the US of A?

Tobiwan said...

As I was correcting my children's behavior in the car trip (to San Diego), the radio started playing the Ramone's 'Beat on the Brat'.

The radio knows more than it leads us to believe!

Hopefully your day has improved sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Together in Electric Dreams - what a great song, reminds me of all that 1980's stuff growing up, the blue eyeliner and leg warmers...

So shouldn't be confused with any dodgy bloke who likes Sade...

Am sure my other favourite man would have better taste in music!!

Then again - you and bloody Spandau Ballet.... I'm thinking that sharing that with your readers won't surprise them... Wham forever!

Wild Cat said...

I was a Duranie and still am *blush*.

The 80's was my time, a time I was happy and without a care in the world.

'Together in Electric Dreams' always makes me cry, it was on the radio when my Mum told me that a lovely lady I knew had passed away.

Music invokes such memories and feelings in us all. I can't listen to Def Leppard's Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad without thinking about NN :o)

Anonymous said...

Ooh I LOVE the eighties. I actually just got the best of Wham on CD and it rocks.

It sounds like you need I Will Survive though! Part of your survival kit should be the blog meet so get your ass over to mine and sign up and stop being a party pooper! ;)

Anonymous said...

its always the way, the man/woman in the radio knows all our secrets, we talk to the damn thing, shout at it, scream the answers to the questions, ask it to repeat them, then change stations when a song comes on we don't like only to change back seconds later,
xx

Anonymous said...

Hey OG - I haven't posted in ages and now I am I'm blatently plugging my blog! Well at least I've finally done it!

Am going to give myself a kick up the arse to make sure I post on more blogs now!

Anyways hope you are feeling better!

Ordinary Girl said...

Hi Vi,
Only just caught up on your news. I'm so sorry for you honey! As I said on my comment (I think!)... DM syndrome strikes again! Hope you're doing okay x

Hey Alfie - you may well have a point! I'm feeling much more my old self now.

Lol, Tobi, that was a very apt one!

Lol, ATM, do you mind coming in here and spreading vicious rumours :-) Leg warmers indeed....! Hehehe. And Spandau rock!!

Hey Cat. 80's certainly did rock, as do Def Leppard!! Pour some sugar on me indeed!

I might have known Sleepy! I'm way past Gloria Gaynor!! I will let you know about the meet. I'm still debating...! (And def not coming if you the only bloke! lol)

Hey Wayne, you're damn right there. Suckers for punishment maybe?? Go to Sleepless and sign up for the meet... I might come then!

And that goes for you too Andrew! So glad to see you have a blog! Yet more catching up for me to do in 2009 when I finally get a pc! Aaargh!

Anonymous said...

Haha good for you OG, get some of your fans signed up, I can only cope with so many women at a time ;)