Monday, January 15, 2007

DB - part 2

In November 2003 I got an email, through friendsreunited.co.uk from him. I remember I was surprised, and flattered. I hadn't heard from him, or thought of him for years, but it’s always nice to know that people remember you, and even nicer to know that they have remembered you enough to look you up specifically. It is, of course, especially nice when they are an ex-boyfriend too!!

We began messaging, and emailing, and were soon spending hours on messenger and sending copious amounts of emails a day. We spent a lot of time talking about what had happened with our relationship, and he expanded on the things he had been saying the last time we met.

I had always thought that he just didn’t fancy me enough, but in fact it turned out that he had always thought the same about me, and on top of that he had fancied me so much that it had made him completely shy and nervous. It was strange, to get a completely different perspective on things, and to see how stupid it was that we had both been worrying about the other person not liking them, whilst also being too in awe of each other to actually be able to go for it.

And it was lovely. I began to really look forward to ‘speaking’ to him and reading what was coming next. It was also lovely that we had slipped back into our old banter, and although he was still married (not terrifically happily I must add), and I was with MC (going through a really rough patch), we did begin to slip into quite flirtatious exchanges, with the occasional cyber session thrown in!

By February 2004, things were getting heated quite often, and I had begun to really want to meet up with him again. I knew he was married and I knew it was unlikely that would change, but I just wanted to see him and see if the chemistry was still there all these years later. Not to mention being able to catch up in person and see how the other had changed. However, he wasn’t ready for that and was very cagey about his personal details. I didn’t even have a phone number for him, although I had given him mine a few times.

Eventually, and somewhat predictably, he just disappeared again. He literally, without warning, just stopped replying to my emails. And I was pissed off! Not because I thought we were about to embark on a great love affair, or because I was madly in love with him (I was never truly in love with him), but because we had rebuilt a relationship of sorts, even if only a friendship, and we had talked about how difficult it had been for me in the past when he had just disappeared into thin air, and I expected more from him as a grown man!

Anyway, over the last couple of years I have emailed him occasionally, really just to see if he is okay, as I have wondered if anything had happened to him. He has never replied, and although I would like to know how he’s doing, and to see him again at some point, I haven’t dwelled on it too much, but have put him back in the box of ‘what might have beens’.

Today, completely out of the blue, I get an email from him, sent at lunchtime on Sunday…

“Hi, I hate this email thing”

What the fuck??!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this guy is just using you, im getting annoyed reading your posts and u not realising that. you should just block him from your email, u dont need him to open up new / old emotions.

Sorry just felt annoyed so had to vent, il continue to be a silent reader.

Vi said...

Ignore ahem, OG - we want to hear it! What's his excuse for dropping off the face of the earth? AGAIN? Oh and AHEM, OG hasn't mentioned this one before.

Anonymous said...

Hi OG - To be fair this guy does sound like a user....but cvould be interesting if he now divorced......I'll say no more am not going to be accused of putting ideas in your head!

Ordinary Girl said...

Hello ahem, and thanks for your comments. I'm glad my welfare is important enough to delurk you and make you vent.

I have to agree with what Vi says though, I haven't mentioned him before, for the very simple reason "why would I?". It was all a long time ago and I don't have any major hang ups about it. I was posting to give a bit of background to him suddenly emailing out of the blue, almost 2 yrs since I last heard from him.

Cheers Vi. Patience, patience!

You may be right Tobi. But to be honest, it's not enough of a big deal for me to tell him to bugger off. And I have to admit to a certain amount of curiousity... (not to mention the fact that I've got sod all else going on to distract me from life at the moment!)

He maybe indeed Andrew, but as I said, I'm not too bothered either way. And don't worry about putting ideas in my head, I can manage to do that all by myself :-)

Anonymous said...

I do hope you talk more about this, OG. I'm going through, the same ordeal. Not so sure what to do about him. I'd like to hear more about how you will handle this situation.
~ lurker # 15

Ordinary Girl said...

Hi Lurker 15,
To be honest I'm not going to do anything much about him. I'm not in love with him, have never been in love with him, and more importantly he's still married. So other than maybe meet for a drink that's where it ends for me. My only ordeals, in relation to men, concern that other man in my life (or not), and I couldn't begin to give advice on that one!!! That probably isn't very useful for you, so sorry about that. Good luck with your situation though.