Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Moving

Have spent the whole day packing and moving boxes, and am now knackered!

Unfortunately, not to the house of my dreams but instead at work - in preparation for the premises move that occurs tomorrow. At least it will be out of the way before the home move!

Talking of house news, all is progressing. The house is getting there at last! Internally all appears to be done (from what I can see through the windows!), except the kitchen floor laying. Outside, which has been the hold up, the drive now has the first layer done, the fence has been erected, the path is laid, the mud is in! All it needs now is the pavements completing, the turf laying, plants planting and the drive getting its final tarmaccy layer.

Here it is yesterday (when fence wasn't quite finished!)



In other news, we have just been shortlisted for another award (the 3rd in the last 6 months!), a health one this time, and so myself and The Bride are off to a posh do next Wednesday evening to celebrate and find out if we've won. Time to get the posh frock out for that one! (If I can get into the damn thing!!)

On top of all that excitement, this weekend I will be attempting to entertain the lovely Jenn who is travelling from a land far, far away and stopping by to say hi to Vi and myself, (and Middy too I believe!) and will hopefully survive the excitement of Blah and the dullness of my little local area. So, if any of you happen to be passing our way this weekend, then please get in touch and join the international mini-blog meet!!

Finally, it would be completely remiss of me not to mention best friend JRTC's new family addition, their first Kiwi child, who is quite simply one of the most gorgeous creatures I've seen in a long time! Say hello to Derek ...



8 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

The house is looking really real now! It's nice that you have pics from the ground up, you'll look back on those in years to come and smile.

I'm trying to sort something out to join you all for Friday but I'm stupidly busy at the moment :o/

jenn said...

Oooh pretty house.

Derek is a babe.

See you Friiiiiiiday.

Vi said...

oooooo... the kitty is so cute! And so is the house!

If the weather is as good as it says it's gonna be, may have a barbie sat as well!

rastaman said...

HOW long is this house taking? The eyes say.. 'one false move and the claws go into the crotch.'

Lady in red said...

good news all around then :-)

Fat Controller said...

I'm in the middle of moving work premises myself, so you have my sympathy.

For two pins I'd hop on a Ryanair to Stansted and get my fat arse over to Blah but I'm at a piss-up in a brewery this weekend (literally!) so you all have a good time. Give Vi a hug from me, sounds like she needs it.

Midnight said...

Derek has awesome eyes and the house is strating to look the part. Exciting eh!

I shall indeed be in Blah on Friday night for a few bevvies, but have to leave Sat AM, as been roped into a recruiting day!

Kahless said...

Have a great weekend in blah! I am sure it will be wild!