Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Onwards

Well, Saturday was a pretty ropey day, but fortunately I had no kiddies so could indulge in a few tears, going back to bed all morning, reading all afternoon, some head clearing driving (and smoking) and then an evening with Lily before working from 11pm to 2am on outreach.

Sunday was another alone day, so I did pretty much the same again - without the tears or driving - and now it's back to normal service resumed. No point in continuing to dwell, however frustrating the whole thing is!

I am off work this week, thank goodness, so spent a lazy day with the kids (and a new Martina Cole novel) yesterday, with a trip to a local country park to get a bit of exercise and blow away the cobwebs in the afternoon, followed by a trip to a local farm centre this afternoon with X (Y declined!) to see some animals and end up on a 2 mile round walk!

In house news, I've now been told that it won't be completed until the end of May!!! For fuck's sake, though looking on the bright side it does give me 2 more paydays to save a bit of cash and pay for my carpets. The only problem being that my mortgage offer runs out the middle of June so they better get there fingers out or the whole thing will be off completely.

And that's about it at the moment! Oh, the excitement....!

5 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

Knickers, I thought you'd gone quiet cos you were busy packing up and moving. Hang on in there, baby xx

Alfie said...

Make sure you put pressure on the builders - not just at the site, but at the highest level. One time I had to take possession before the paint was dry.

The Boy said...

Talk to your lawyer, probably a way to engage the mortgage offer if the deliver date slips yet again.

JRTC said...

Eat chocolate..:-)

Anonymous said...

Look What I Found...Preview These Busty Beauties ... CLICK HERE