Sunday, February 03, 2008

First night

Yesterday actually saw me venture out of the house in the evening, for what is the first time (I think) this year!

Went for a lovely curry with Lily and Gerii, followed by just a couple of drinks in the pub over the road, and home by 11.30pm!

It was just what the doctor ordered though, to be honest. I really can't be doing with pubs and clubs (must be getting old), and don't spend enough of my free nights out just chilling and chatting (especially with the benefit of food thrown in), so it was actually really nice. Gerii is all loved up with a new man, which is really good to see. I like it when my mates, especially those who have been single for a while despite being positively lovely, are going through what friend Disco would refer to as "all fluffy" times. I'm happy to live vicariously through them at the minute.

So, after a pleasant evening of civilisation, today was spent dissembling (X and Y old bunk beds - sorry Vi, you could have had them if I'd have thought ahead!), and assembling (Y's new high sleeper with double futon underneath), not to mention getting shot of several more bits and pieces on freecycle - which I am loving at the moment, as it means my crap is actually collected from me! - and a few big things going to the tip with my dad.

I'm certainly getting my house in order, even if the rest of my life does need a bit of a spring clean!

1 comment:

Vi said...

Hey don't worry about it! You've just reminded me though, I've still got to get rid of the old furniture that's scattered all over my back garden still!