Monday, February 11, 2008

At last!

FINALLY, my offer letter came from the housing association on Saturday! Hoo bloody ray!

ALL I need to do now is sort out my mortgage, wait for them to build it, and then... find the bloody money. Aargh!

I'm seriously starting to panic about having enough money for solicitors fees, mortgage fees, first months mortgage, moving in costs, carpeting, furniture, and so on and so on! Perhaps I should put a little wish list on here for all you lovely bloggers to buy me a housewarming gift, lol!

In other news, I am generally much brighter in spirits now, after a dire week! I came down with a really awful cold Tuesday night, but literally had so much on that I couldn't miss work on Wednesday or Thursday so went in looking and feeling like crap. Did at least manage to get some major pieces of work off my desk though, so the juggling act is feeling slightly more manageable, and also stayed off work on Friday - which did me the world of good.

So, back to fighting fit, for now at least!

8 comments:

jenn said...

I was highly stressed when I got a mortgage. It was my first real grown-up act. I think I got drunk afterwards. Or something. Can't remember. But the process was big and scary and oh-so-grown-up and wow...glad that's over with.

Have fun!

Angela-la-la said...

Yay! Go, girly - you're being a grown-up! :)

Fat Controller said...

It looks a lot like our first house. When we moved in we spent our first few weeks sleeping on a sofa bed and using a packing crate as a dining table...Who needs furniture!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Oh it's so exciting, you're getting a house! Freecycle, or ebay for furniture x

JRTC said...

Excellent news.. Guess those cigarettes could save a few more pennies ..... ho ho ho....chuckle chuckle. Back to reality - very good news and nice house no scaffolding.

Alfie said...

Emm and I are so looking forward to your moving into your new home and hearing all about it. God bless. You deserve all the luck in the world.

Lady in red said...

glad to see you are in a better place now

Complex Girl said...

Thank you all. I shall keep you so posted you will all be sick to death of it :-)

And point taken JRTC! Still no change though - other than I'm resorting to roll-ups :-)