Monday, December 03, 2007

Teenagers!

Y has got the arse, and is now being deliberately annoying by randomly wandering around the house doing nothing in particular, and saying "nothing" whenever I ask what he's doing. This may be due to me adding a password to the pc, which means he can't use it unless I'm here - as a result of some stupid emails he has been sending, not to mention the fact that I get fed up of getting home at 6pm every night to find him sat glued to the computer, where he's been since getting home at 4pm - sometimes without having even got up to put the light on! He's now, very intensely, reading the failed delivery card that came through the door from parcelforce!! He's usually a great kid, but when he's horrid, he's certainly horrid! Oh, and X is having one of those "I can't sleep Mummy" evenings. Give me strength...

Had a late start to work this morning, due mainly to a lack of motivation in getting my arse there - not helped by the fact that I've got several large pieces of work to do that I just cannot get in the mood for - so after an early bath with posh shampoo and conditioner, followed by Creme de la Mer face scrub and Estee Lauder face cream, I decided to go via the Beauty Salon and get a sunbed and an eyebrow wax at the same time. All good except for the fact that she bloody scalped me!!! I now have thinner eyebrows than Barbie! I was also going to get a new tattoo, but they were closed today for some reason. Damn inconsiderate I reckon!

In house news, I have now sent my completed mortgage application off, and got the number for a recommended solicitor - so nothing to do now but wait I guess. One good piece of news is that The Broker rang this evening to check I had posted everything and mentioned that my rate may end up being lower than I've been quoted for! Something to do with being eligible for some new scheme or other - no complaints here, anything less extortionate is fine by me!

6 comments:

Alfie said...

Teenagers can be so damned awkward, weren't you. And don't block up the drain with face-scrub.
Also don't forget to show us all the tattoo when you finally get round to it. And your eyebrows will grow again - look at Dennis Healey. And we all love you.

Kahless said...

Hope everything works out with the mortgage application.

Happy belated birthday!

greavsie said...

I have one of them there teenagers.

We should receive certificates or awards or something.....or grunts of recognition...

The Boy said...

Oooh, don't have one of those yet, but its coming, and coming soon I think. Can't wait for the monosyllabic conversations...

Happy B-Day btw, glad it was a good one. The house thing sounds promising!

Fire Byrd said...

Creme de la Mer!!!! what you won the lotery and not told anyone?
pxx

Fire Byrd said...

Creme de la Mer!!!! what you won the lotery and not told anyone?
pxx