Monday, December 17, 2007

Reverse countdown

Blimey, it seems I have so much to write that it feels like an onerous task instead of enjoyable blogging! As such, I may just precis in order to get it all down (well that and the fact that I'm a rubbish writer!).

Wednesday...
Went to the award ceremony in London, which was spiffing! The place is a small conference centre thing, right next to Westminster Abbey, in a place called Dean's Yard. Yard being an ironic term, as it has it's own security gates to get into this private square, with a large (and I mean large) lawn in the centre, conference centre on one side, Westminster Abbey opposite, and then residential/business premises either side, with Big Ben visible over the rooftops on the right hand side. It was amazing to be honest. Just so peaceful, you would never have guessed you were right in the middle of London!

So, we did the ceremony, had lots of pictures taken, got our certificate and then headed off to Harrods for a look around. After some browsing and buying (browsing only from me!) three of us headed to a little pub in Knightsbridge while the other three headed off to H&M! We finally got on a train home about 7pm, and I eventually arrived home, absolutely shattered, around 8.30pm. It was a good day though!

Thursday...
Blah, blah, blah. Work, work, work.

Friday...
Blah, blah, blah. Work, work, work.

Saturday...
After a hectic day of swimming lessons (X), junior league bowling (Y), and the horrors of town in the run up to Christmas, Saturday night I was out with Bea to see a band in a nearby town. Interestingly, SG was scheduled to be joining us but I was expecting him to bottle it and back out at the last minute. Lo, and behold, though, he turned up as planned, with wife and wife's friend as well.

This is the first time I had seen him since July, when we shagged, and we haven't even had a great deal of text or phone chat, so I was a little unsure how he'd be. Things seemed to be fine though, with no obvious atmosphere, and about half way through the night he rang me in the bar whilst he was outside for a fag, so we managed to get some time alone. To talk, before you think it!

He'd had a bit of "dutch courage" by this point, but basically he said how good it was to see me, that he was glad we were all cool, that although he loved his wife what had happened between us had been really special to him, that he still thought about me a lot, that he'd never done anything like that with anybody else and it mean't a lot to him, and ya de ya de yah. To be honest, it was quite nice to hear, and I do believe absolutely genuine, although I would have been cool without it. It was quite clear that he'd felt bad about it, but that he didn't regret it, and that he didn't want me to have felt bad about it. At that point, Bea came out looking for us, so the conversation veered quickly elsewhere, and we didn't really get a chance to chat again.

They (SG, wife, wife's friend) left not long after, at about the point I whispered to him "You'd better get going soon, because I'm starting to get the horn", which saw him dashing up and trying to usher 2 drunken women home! We had several hugs goodbye though, and whispered reassurances that everything was cool, and I was pleased with how it went. I miss catching up with him to be honest, not to mention the added bonus of the eye candy of him and a bit of a flirt.

That turned out to not be all though, as texting resumed not long after he left, which I will leave for the other blog. Needless to say, nothing physical happened, but although I was convinced it was unlikely to again, now I'd say it may take a time for him to get his head round things, but there is a stronger likelihood that given the right situation it might just repeat itself. Who knows! I'm not that bothered either way really, though seeing him has kickstarted my libido again I must say, and I'm pretty sure I'd revisit the situation!

Sunday...
After a late night of texting, I had a very lazy day yesterday, only venturing out for Macdonalds and to have a quick peek at how "my" house building is getting on! Ended up not being able to get to sleep last night though - partly a very long lie-in and partly a head full of horniness!

Monday...
Woke up this morning to X telling me that the cat had been bleeding all over the sofa, and on further investigation it seems to be the same place as the abcess he had a month ago. Don't really know what to do about it, as I took him to the vet's last month and he had a weeks worth of antibiotics and it seemed to have cleared up. He hasn't scrathed all the fur off yet, and there is no obvious swelling or pus, like last time, so I will just see how he goes over the next couple of days.

Spent today, at work, visiting some of the parlours in my hometown and Saturday night's local town, which is always eye opening, so work was good. Had a call this morning from the Mortgage Broker to say I needed to get a form filled in by the local housing association about the property, which seems a bit premature, as I haven't actually been offered it yet! Also to tell me I need to send it with a cheque for £190 valuation fee. Oh joy! Then, bloody ironically, the new housing association that has taken over all the council's housing stock rang me this afternoon to offer me a house transfer! Sodding typical! So, now I don't really know what to do.

The transfer they have offered me is in an area I wouldn't particularly want to live in, but it is a 3 bedroom and is, apparently, "a very, nice, clean and tidy house". I think I might go and see it, and try a bit of delaying tactic until I hear from the shared ownership housing association. I really want to proceed with the house buying thing, but if that falls through then I will be kicking myself that I refused a transfer. It's just so annoying that they've decided to offer it to me now, instead of 6 months ago!!

7 comments:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

The awards ceremony sounds fab, but the house situation most irritating, it's always that way. I'm sure as it's HA you'll be able to delay it long enough ;)
If it were my cat I'd give the vet a call and ask for advice, especially as you were only in a month ago. They quite often need more than one course of antibiotics to clear things up, my kitty #2 had an op to clear a couple of nasty abscesses that she had got from being bitten, that was after multiple courses of antibiotics. Good luck with it all! BG x

jaded angel said...

The housing situation sounds like a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the remind on H&M. A friend and I have been talking about buying ourselves cute little dresses for Vegas and totally forgot we have H&M...somewhere.

Libido? What the hell is that? -sighs- Glad yours is revving again.

Complex Girl said...

Yes, it's absolutely typical BG! He seems to be doing okay now - no further (obvious) bleeding, so perhaps he just caught it. I'm keeping an eye on him at the moment!

Yes, but I keep telling myself it will be worth it jaded! Oooh, little black dresses for Vegas - that brings back some memories. No more holidays for the rest of my life if I get this house!! And no good it revving up with nobody to use it on :-(

Midnight said...

That whisper about you getting the horn cracked me up! Excellent!

Fire Byrd said...

obviously houses like buses and blokes come along all at once!! Good luck with the decision process!
pxx

Vi said...

With your housing situation, if you are in a council house, don't you eventually get the chance to buy it? Just thinking the 3 bed offer may be better?

Complex Girl said...

See, I knew you knew where I was these days! Glad to be of service Middy :-)

Well, as there is a distinct lack of blokes headed my way at the moment, and I don't use buses, it must be my turn for houses pixie :-)

I might consider it Vi, if it was in a better part of town, but snobby it may be, I'm not prepared to live on a crappy housing estate. I want me a brand new house :-)