Monday, October 19, 2009

Riding through the glen...

Whilst at archery last Monday I got chatting to a rather nice young (well not that young, but nonetheless) man, who in the spirit of things shall hence be named Robin!

He was sat next to us while we were waiting and it transpires he has been going to the club for a few months, so is no longer a beginner, and although he is far from my usual type, both in build and looks, as the evening progressed I found myself thinking "actually, that man is not that bad looking!", and there was a definite something about him that I found really attractive. He has an incredibly dry sense of humour, was friendly without being creepy or puppy, and was willing to put up with X's constant chatter and questions (including how much is that bow... over £1000!). He did say he didn't usually come that early, but usually waited until the beginners had finished, so I didn't expect to see him again this week. Unfortunately.

However... lo and behold, we had only been there a few minutes tonight, and X (who has taken a shine to him and was saying before we went "I hope that man is there this week") said he was here. After a few minutes or so he asked us to budge up and sat on the end of the bench next to X, who was next to me. And I was definitely pleased to see him and thought, again, there is definitely something about him. (He'd had a haircut as well - I wonder if coincidentally!).

So, we chit chatted a bit more and I have managed to deduce the following:
He works for Nissan, designing cars (or bits of cars at least).
He has a 24yr old daughter.

Not much I know - I don't even know his name so we are calling him Robin in real life as well - but a start. He's obviously smart and well off if his archery equipment is to go by, and I would age him early to mid 40's, but who knows. I did manage to drop a few things in the convo, such as my age, and most importantly that Y lives with just X and me, so no other men in the house, and also my work, by accident more than by design.

As we left, he did say "see you next week", so... roll on next Monday!

1 comment:

Alfie said...

Keep us informed, Maid Marian.