Saturday, October 17, 2009

Farewell Bridey

Yesterday was The Bride's last day at work before she heads off to have a baby in 3 weeks, so last night X went to sleep at Lily's, and the evening saw the gaggle of us in a gorgeous Italian restaurant in the town where I work, with piles of fabulous food loaded onto the table. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well, so I had a tomato and onion salad and ate only a handful of that, plus a taste of CJ's monkfish - most annoying when everything looked so good! On the bright side though, it did mean my meal only cost me a fiver, which is good as it meant I had a whole £15 for shopping today!!

It was a good night, and everybody had a good time, but I am very sad to be losing her for 9 months (assuming I am still there when she comes back in July!). She has really been my rock in the last 3 years I've been there, and is such a strong, supportive and knowledgeable member of the team that we will all feel her absence. It just won't be the same without her.

That said, I will definitely be seeing lots of her, as I already do out of work - particularly as her son is a year younger than X so we share a lot of holiday childcare, that and she's always willing to cook sunday dinner for us all, being one of these people that can't sit still for more than 15 minutes! Regardless of work, I am sure she will always be a good friend of mine, and at my age, that is something to be grateful for!

2 comments:

Alfie said...

Sorry you're poorly. Are you getting a temp in during B's absence?

Ordinary Girl said...

Alfie, yes we have taken on somebody else to cover in her absence, but I'm a bit unsure about how she's going to pan out!