Sunday, October 18, 2009

Growing up

I went round to see Meg last night, just for a bit of a natter and gossip as I haven't seen her for ages. I got there to find that one of Mr Meg's mates, DJ, was there, who I know from years and years ago and haven't actually seen for years. We used to knock about around the town before I had Y so it was completely random to bump into him almost 2o yrs later! Whilst it was nice to see him, he literally hasn't changed at all - very much the epitomy of the cheeky chappy, and whilst that might seem a good thing, in fact, it got me to thinking that it's all a bit sad to still be the same person, doing the same things, thinking the same thoughts, drinking the same drinks, twenty years later. Perhaps I've grown up more than I thought the last few years!

Though not so grown up that I'm not going to enjoy spending all day in my pyjamas - just because I can!

No comments: