Monday, November 02, 2015

Typical

Best laid plans and all that...!  Rang the fondue place to find it's cancelled this week due to Firework Night!!  (I have booked next Thursday somewhat optimistically!)

Text Kane this evening to say the fondue night was cancelled so did he fancy local theatre, or just drinks, and he responded that he loves the theatre (another tick) but it's not really conducive to conversation, so did I fancy drinks in his local town or mine.

As we'd texted several times each to get to this point in the conversation, I decided I couldn't be arsed with more texting but would bite the bullet and just call. Plus, I figured it would give a bit of an indicator as to whether we could sustain a conversation easily, and my only reservations from Saturday had been whether he was too serious for me. He picked up, sounded pleased to hear from me, we chit chatted, agreed when and where for Thursday, and before I knew it more than half an hour had gone by, actually much more easily than I'd anticipated!

Was also nice that the conversation included us meeting, and he said he'd spotted me earlier but wasn't sure if I was checking out him or his mate, lol. I reassured him it was clearly him, but nice to know I didn't bully him into it.  He also said several times what a great night it was, and a couple of other compliments about my clothes and him digging the dress/jeans combo I was wearing, which is a good job as I'm partial to that look, as I told him!

Ended agreeing I'd text and check all was well Wed evening, which he said was fine but he might not hear any texts between 8 and 10pm as it was band practice, and so looks like the hot date is on!!  I actually feel a bit more excited now, so just to figure out what to wear (and how to not eat for 3days!!).

No comments: