Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Disappointed

So, after everything seemed to be just lovely and great, this afternoon I had the following text from Kane: "Hi OG, really sorry but I need to cancel Thursday. I've got to sort out my car and change a few things round with the bank... I'll give you a shout next week sometime. x".

I have absolutely no idea what to make of it!!

Half of me thinks it's a legitimate reason (he's currently using a hire car as his was in an accident - and he told me on Monday he'd not long been in after putting down deposit on new car), and that I have no reason to doubt given our previous contact, the other (much louder) half is thinking that's a lame excuse seeing as the banks close at 5 and we weren't meeting until 8, and that it's a cop out that isn't going to get rearranged.

I'm so disappointed though.  I know it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I was looking forward to it, and for once, had done everything properly.  I can't help but feel "fuck it, knew it was too good to be true, why would anybody be interested in me, stupid to believe it". Doesn't matter how much I can logically reason that it might still happen, or that even if it doesn't it's highly likely to be about him, not me, I still feel like I've done something wrong, or am somehow to blame for being so lacking.

Frankly, it feels more than a bit rubbish :-(

No comments: