Sunday, March 23, 2008

Siesta

Went out last night with Lily and a couple of work colleagues for Spanish tapas, which was a lovely evening. Hadn't seen one of them for over a year and it's amazing how little people change over that period of time.


We ventured into town after the meal, where the delights of people watching were truly satiated for half an hour or more, before retiring to a quieter establishment where we managed to catch last orders and proceeded to chat some more until the staff had nearly finished clearing up and we were by far the last ones in there.


After the bitter cold drive home, and it certainly was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey, and a good nights sleep following reading a great book until 2am, I was rudely awoken at 6.45am by X excitedly informing me that it was snowing. An hour or so later and my mummy guilt dragged me out of bed to watch her making a snow bunny in the back garden, before she headed off to Daddy's for the day.


The rest of the day has been spent with me enjoying having the house completely to myself (Y at his dads for the weekend) and doing absolutely nothing, excepting the eating of chocolate and the watching of Columbo, until her return at 7pm. A most successful Easter Sunday in my book!

6 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

OMG how gorgeous does she look!?

The house will get there, sweetie. enjoy your lovely easter sunday and stop stressing! xx

Lady in red said...

sounds like a good weekend for you too. looks like you had more snow than we did.

jenn said...

Holy crap...what's with all the snow?!?!

Sounds like you had a lovely Easter though and that's what it's all about.

Fat Controller said...

I love seeing the fascination that kids have with snow, and how much they enjoy playing in it. That's one of the things I miss now ours are all grown up!

Fire Byrd said...

I got to go walking with eldest in the snow, so not quite the same, but it worked for us as we talked our way round 7 miles.
Glad you enjoyed your Easter.
hugs
pxx

jenn said...

Sigh. I just had to say something about the snow. -gazes out at the snow covered terrain-