Saturday, June 16, 2007

Well...

It's Saturday night and am I out having a whale of a time with a host of eligible young batchelors and other folks of fun and frivolity? Obviously not! Boring old Saturday night in for me this weekend. In fact, a whole weekend in for me.

So, in the event of lack of funds and lack of social life, the highlight of my weekend so far has been the novelty of taking X to swimming lessons at our newly opened swimming pool this morning (and seeing SPM who is still looking hot, hot, hot - in a nerdy, unoticeable, Clark Kent kind of way), followed by a trip to the library to stock up on Rainbow Fairy books (for X, not me, obviously!). The rest of the day passed somewhat dully, not to mention rainily, and now I am stuck in with nothing to do and nobody to do it with! Bah!!

Ah well, X has a pony party to attend tomorrow, and of course the obligatory trip to Pater's to take cards and chocolates. You never know, I may get a decent roast dinner out of it!

3 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

Yer, weekends when there dull are seriously bad news, cause of course everone else in the known universe is out having fun fun fun.... yeah right!

So pleased I'm not alone.

Love your site.

Anonymous said...

Blimey girl, even me and Mr ATM have gone out twice this weekend, once for the gorgeous Oceans 13 and once for dinner. You can, of course, console yourself with the fact that its the first time in ages we've gone out for two nights at the weekend and that we'll probably have to stay in for weeks now to get over it:) Thank god you mentioned Fathers day though as it wasn't on our calendar so we've had to send an email... close one!

Ordinary Girl said...

Welcome Pixie! And thanks so much for the kind words!! Also, glad to know I'm not the only person with no life this weekend :-)

Oooh, ATM! Check you two party goers out!! I will definitely console myself with the fact it's a rare occurrence! Hope father's day was not too bad for you xx