Thursday, June 28, 2007

Home

I'm "working" from home today, as X is a bit under the weather and I fortunately had 'protected time' in my diary today.

So far today, I have made a trip to the bank, done a bit of freezer shopping at Iceland, read a few work related articles, made a few phonecalls, renewed my family credit, and sorted out my letter to reclaim my bank charges (£1731.50 without interest!!). Both of the latter will hopefully result in some extra funds of some sort, because just a day after payday I am already wondering how I am going to get through the month, (especially with no money from X's dad for the last three months, and Y's birthday in 3 weeks!!), although I'm not holding my breath for anything particularly speedy! (if at all)

Anyway, money moaning over, I'm off to do some pointless net surfing whilst trying to ignore the washing up and hoovering, before dinner and then a governors meeting at 7pm.

Ooh, wonder if I'll see Deputy Head...?!

5 comments:

Angela-la-la said...

I need to do one of those charge reclaim letters. Typically, I threw out ten years of bank statements just before christmas so I have to pay for copies now! Grr!

Vi said...

Apparantley any claims now won't be accepted because a bank won a case. Good luck on that!

Ordinary Girl said...

Oh that is annoying FB! And very typical!

Well I've been reading up on it and it's worth a try it seems. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Hey pixie. No, I didn't! Grrrr. Lol at the suggestion though. I did consider asking the Head if DH was single, but thought it may be a little inappropriate :-)

Kahless said...

Yes, Lloyds TSB did win a case. The banks are paying out incredible sums in refunds. Some have stopped, some are about to, some are still refunding. Put the claim in asap! You may want to
mention the FSA (regulator) and "Treating Customers Fairly."

Ordinary Girl said...

Thanks Kah! And for the message through Vi. I have already sent off the letter, and today received a standard "responding to your complaint" letter in return?!?! Damn banks!