Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bits and bobs

Well, my throat is feeling much better. The whole lumpy feeling started to go down from Tues night/Wed morning so thats good. I got my blood test results Thursday, the receptionist informed me that my ESR is abnormal but the Dr had put "to be expected - no further action" and that the rests of my bloods were normal - no further action. I'm pleased, but at the same time not, as the more I've read about underactive thyroid the more I feel it may be a possibility. I am just so bloody knackered all the time just lately, I could literally go back to bed every morning I wake up! And obviously its not something like anaemia or that would have shown up. So, I have booked another appointment with the doctor, for him to explain my 'abnormal - to be expected - no further action results' and also for him to go through exactly what tests were done, as a lot of stuff I've read says its often undetected through normal blood tests.

In good news, and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but I'm studying my Masters in Applied Health Studies, and have just completed my second module - the onerous, godawful, simply hateful, dull, dull, dull research module! Sometime this week, post came, which I finally opened this evening to discover that I passed with 60%!!! Which, somewhat laughably, is my best Masters assignment mark so far. The bad news is that the next assignment, a research proposal of 3000 words is due on Wednesday and I haven't even started it yet. In fact, I have no idea what I want to do a research proposal on!! Ho hum.

1 comment:

Alfie said...

Congratulations on the result of you last module. Good luck with the next one. You know you can do it! Question the GP and question him hard. We lost our faith in GPs when they missed daughter Eva's condition when she was twenty, wrongly claiming she was anorexic. (She actually loved her food.) Their incompetance almost cost her her life.