Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Killed the cat?

Okay, I thought I might as well cut and paste it all on to here and then you will know as much as I do, and can stop worrying about me getting too excited or getting too excited yourselves!

Hi Stranger
Nothing as complex as that, I just don't like the new Yahoo mail beta thing...I let the account lapse but then opened it again, just in case...

I did drop off the face of the earth, had to, I had so much nastiness following the collapse of that business I was working for in 2003! Was being chased for £2m, the DTI got involved, all sorts. Calming down gradually though but a stressful time, all things taken into account.

I will give you a call but not brave enough yet! ;-) No houseful.

How's things with you? I suppose I ought really to make good on that lunch date we talked about some time.
DB

I see! Well that clears that up then! Just in case what though I wonder...!

I’m sorry you had such a bad time of it. I didn’t realize you had all that crap going on!! Have to admit to my doubts about that being the only reason though…?! But I’m magnaminous enough to let you get away with it J What are you up to for work these days?

Lol at not brave enough yet. Am I that scarey??!! It’s okay, I’m sure I’ll live without, lol.

No houseful? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Are you still married? Must be a while now…? It may come as no surprise that I’m yet to make it down the aisle! I thought I was sorted with the man of my dreams last year, but unfortunately he wasn’t in agreement with me, so back to the drawing board I go!

I’m good actually. Apart from the break up stuff last year, which has hit me harder than I thought, I’m getting on pretty well. Not long started a new job (Oct 06) and loving it, although the restructuring going on in the NHS at the moment is stress I could do without! Still not anywhere near rich enough, but getting there, slowly! Kids are fine, getting bigger and slightly more manageable. So yeah, I’m doing okay, all things considered.

Lunch would be good. You’re right, you really should make good on it! That said, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Well just in case anyone wanted to get in touch, I suppose.

It wasn’t life or death, but it did get very nasty at one point, one of the directors had to have a police presence outside his house because of the threats going round! Not nice.

Not the only reason? No, you know that, I did get myself into a little domestic trouble, as you may remember – full email ban in force for some time! And probably rightly so.

Working for myself now and doing ok, thanks. Still a little worried about the whole ****company thing, but the DTI investigation was completed and no bad outcome so that’s one thing out of the way. Older and a little wiser!

Yes still married, and it still has ups and downs, to be expected I suppose!

Nice to hear you’re okay and sorry to hear about the break up. Bet he’s kicking himself now though. He must be mad.

I’m sure we could squeeze a lunch or drink after work or something. I’ll take a brave pill.

And lucky for you, I did! (Actually did I email you recently?? I looked in my sent items to see whether you were replying to an email and it said I’d emailed you on the 12th Dec?? When I read it though it didn’t make sense, and I’m not sure if I meant to send it to another DB??)

It’s really nice to hear from you though.

Oooh, it all sounds fabulously exciting (from an outside view of course). And I’m glad you’re fessing up to the other reason :-() All in the past though now, and older and wiser does have it’s benefits. I just seem to get older but not wiser, lol.

Are you enjoying being your own boss then? What kind of work do you do? Mine is very interesting!

I wouldn’t know about that, being the ultimate single girl it seems, but I’m sure you’re right. Glad to hear you’re still together and happy anyway. How come no baby DB’s?

Hmm at kicking himself now. I don’t think so somehow, he has a perfect life in California so I’m led to believe. That said, he hasn’t quite made the break! Needless to say it has all been very messy and confusing. There are a just a handful of men in the world who have been foolish enough to pass up on the wonder of me! I don’t know how they do it…? No accounting for taste, eh?

Lol, at brave pill! I’m not sure whether to be flattered or offended! Whatever is fine with me, would be nice to catch up, but like I said, no rush. You’ve got my number when/if you’re ready. I’m still in hometown but working in local town now. I take it you’re still local?

Yes you did, and yes you did. Which got me thinking, as always! Hence the email. I wasn't sure whether it was sent by mistake or not.

It was very exciting but not in a good way, sent my hair grey!

Well I could hardly lie about it now, could I.

There is a baby DB, just not a houseful, you made it sound as though I would have produced 20 or something by now! 2 years old and a real handful.

Please don't be offended, it's not meant that way, it's just that I've almost resigned myself to an easy, unexciting and sometimes not great but easy life...if that makes sense.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!! There is a baby DB! Blimey I would have had you down as remaining childless! And 2?? You must have been expecting him when we were speaking???

And I’m only joking about being offended. I know exactly what you mean. You resigned yourself a long time ago. A lot of people do, and in many ways I wish I was capable of it.

No not quite, in fact not at all

And yes, it's a bit sad but most of my friends are in just the same position!

Actually it was a massive shock, seriously! Dunno why really. Just can't see you as a daddy somehow! Then again, I'm hardly mummy material!!! Congratulations though (a little belatedly!)

And I didn’t say it was sad, I wouldn’t dream of it, they’re your words Mr!

We all do what we think is best, and I tell you, to settle or not to settle, that is the questions. And God only knows which one of us are right!!

I bet you're a great mum - anyone who survives it once, let alone twice deserves respect! And from my point of view it's worth sticking around to be around him, how most of us end up, I'll bet.

I was really shocked the other week, a guy I have know nearly 20 years (married all that time) told me he sticks with his wife and keeps up appearances at home, but basically does as he pleases the rest of the time. It did make me think, I wonder how many people end up like that. Stay single & enjoy yourself! On balance, settling involves a lot of very difficult compromises & sacrifices.

God listen to me, is it raining over there?

Well I don't know about that, but hopefully at some point I'll be able to afford to pay for therapy for them, so I'll have done my bit :-) Nice to hear you're enjoying fatherhood anyway, even if it is a little stressful at times!

A lot of people end up like that, that's why so many people end up miserable and having affairs. A lack of honesty about what they want and need from a partner. I don't necessarily want to be single, in fact, sometimes it's damn bloody hard raising 2 kids and working by yourself, and it involves a great deal of compromise and sacrifice in itself!!

But although I'm probably about ready to settle down now, I'm not willing to settle, if you get what I mean?? And having met my one true love, it’s hard to move on to something else now. But life will bring what it brings I guess!

Lol, what wise old birds we are!! Off the soap boxes now! No, it's not raining, spitting a tiny bit but that's it? Why is it pouring where you are??

PS. I am eating the best blackcurrant cheesecake right now! Mmmmmmm

Oh nice, I lost two stone in the last year so I am trying to stick to a good diet...thanks for that!

Hehehe! It really is quite yummy! And with no fabulous sex life to burn it off I figure I might as well just get old and fat!

Believe me that was not how I lost the weight :-( you go for it!

So that's it so far. I'm quite happy with that. I'm not planning on taking things further, although it would be good to see him face to face. In the great scheme of things though this is has been an interesting aside and I'm glad to have heard from him and that he's okay.

PS. Yes I had noticed how he avoids answering any remotely personal questions such as are you still local!! He did that last time too! Perhaps he's heard of my bunny boiler status :-)

6 comments:

always kris said...

you are right about one thing, it seems that most, but not all, everyone's lives ends up the same, hence "that's why so many people end up miserable and having affairs. "

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

ROTFLMAO at the Bunny Boiler.... you funny woman you!!!

Some of us screw around just cos we are a that way inclined, has nothing to do with being happy or not... Genetically encoded in us.. All men are Dogs... well sometimes anyway!!

always kris said...

I know a few women who act like dogs too though.

Vi said...

Well at least you know nothing has changed (apart from the baby!). Don't get too taken up with him again, you know what he's like. i hate men who do that, avoid the personal questions!

always kris said...

I agree VI, they say so much without saying anything.

Midnight said...

Blimey OG that was a mouthful!