Monday, October 04, 2010

Rewind and erase

My adorable friend Disco has been visiting this evening, with much tales of gossip and pending men, despite the fact that she has recently split from her ex and is nursing a broken heart. She has an unhealthy ability and desire to move out of one thing and into another (usually completely inappropriate and destined to faii) thing at a speed of light, but I can appreciate the need to halt the eternal loop of heartache however you need to, and each to their own in choosing whatever it takes to pause what seems a never ending brain overide of relentless and unanswerable questions.

For me, any discussion of broken hearts always results in reflection on he who should not be named - unfortunately. And whilst it's all such a long time ago, and whole lengthy periods of time go by without giving him a second thought, he is still somehow embedded permanently in my past and my present; and our relationship, as a short lived proper relationship and a much, much lengthier 'post-relationship' relationship has undoubtedly and irrevocably changed the person I am.

To be honest, I prefer the person I was before, and several times just lately I have found myself thinking about him and wishing I could just delete the whole thing. Literally, rewind and erase.

No comments: