Friday, October 22, 2010

Ugly

I have had an ugly day, full of being sick of my ugly body, my ugly face, my ugly hair and even an ugly soul. All of this undercurrent was already trickling away today before I went to the hairdressers and not only came out with a haircut that is not exactly what I wanted, and makes me feel even uglier, but also the knowledge that in the last 8 weeks, for some reason unknown to man or beast, a large bald patch has developed at the back of my head. Leaving me feeling uglier still, and also worried that I will end up completely bald and then might as well just give up.

Tears have been shed.

1 comment:

Alfie said...

We remember only the big blue eyes and the beaming smile. The u-word could never apply to you. But go see the GP about the patch and be ready to sue your hairdresser.