Friday, April 16, 2010

Later...

Excellent to see you and X today hun, even though I'm now known as Mr Cuddly! See you soon xx

Anytime hun. And they're only jealous cos you're my favourite cuddler! Don't be a stranger x

Ha, I won't be hun, have a busy day tomorrow, have a book to read. Will text you tomorrow evening hun xxx

Enjoy x

I think I will hun x

Back in December when I saw him last I was (re)reading one of my all time favourite books, one of those that should be on everyone's list to read, and I really thought that he would love it too, particularly as he wasn't in the greatest place of all at the time, so I had text and told him I had a present for him and then mentioned it again on his birthday in March, so I took it with me yesterday. My intentions had originally been to buy him a copy but decided to give him my own prized copy instead - I think that adds something a bit more personal to the mix as well - and I wrote the following little message in the inside cover: "J, for the times you want to get away but can't - maybe there's a reason you stay. The best of days to you Mr B, OG". He seemed pleased to get it and he also seemed to appreciate the gesture and the sentiment.

So I'm pleased that he text me, and pleased that he is pleased about his book and wanting to read it straight away. To me that is the mark of a gift that is appreciated. I hope he loves it as much as I do and that he also gets something from it other than the pleasure of reading it. I'm surprised he said he'll text tomorrow evening, and partly expecting him to do so; as I don't think he's the type to say and not do, equally I'm not expecting to hear from him again for a few months, so who knows. As I've said before, I'm not willing to push anything with anyone at the moment, and least of all someone I've known for such a long time and will continue to know for a long time to come. In this instance, perhaps for the first time in my life, I'm definitely going with "whatever will be will be". (Oooh, thinking about it I've been looking for a new saying, and that might just be the next tattoo!)

2 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

It seems like your book was a big hit. Also, I think you are taking the right approach with him.

Ordinary Girl said...

Welcome Tee, thanks for commenting. It's definitely the only way forward I think - though will still probably lead nowhere!