Friday, April 16, 2010

I feel happy, yeah yeah yeah

Well I have just got back from a couple of hours at the pub with the lovely JB. I decided to go in the end, after nipping home from work to straighten my hair, top up my "natural, been at work all day" make up and get changed! I was hoping to pop and see him for an hour with X, but I text him about 4.30pm and he didn't reply for half an hour (which he apologised for when I saw him) so by the time I heard back from him I'd started to resign myself to not going and had to collect X from the childminders by then, so she came with me.

It was just lovely to see him to be honest. He really is absolutely one of the good guys (though he has his flaws of course, like anybody) and I always enjoy spending time with him. There were no real zing zings of passing sparks between us but we did do lots of hugging and kissing (in a friendly way) and he is someone I feel very comfortable with, with the fancying a secondary experience, though that said I still absolutely would! He made me laugh by mentioning he had had a few drinks last night, hence the naked text, but he didn't go out of his way to back track from it, and we are always quite comfortable in each other's company, making reference to the shag many years ago quite easily. He made a few references about planning going out next time, and for me to ring him etc, which I gave him much ribbing about blowing me out and how I wasn't going to be asking him to go out or come round any time soon, and he said he would text me.

So we shall see. He seems to be getting his life a little back on track, starting work again in a couple of weeks, and sounding like he is going to be raking it in, and moving into a mutual friend of ours (which helpfully is about 5 mins walk away from me!), all of which I'm really pleased for him, he has definitely had a rough trot the last couple of years, including the death of his eldest son (who was about the same age as Y), being made redundant twice and having to move back to his parents (with a mother who hates him!) for the last 6 months. So it was great to see good things happening for him and I hope they continue. I also, of course, hope that I get to see him more often (even without the added bonus of some physical stuff) as spending time with him always makes me happy, and I think he could be just what I need. Although, we've been friends for 20 years and just an increase in that would be great, a little more than friends would certainly be a little more than great!

2 comments:

Vi said...

That's good he's getting it together, and that's the best time to maybe start dating, because he's moved on and in a better place. Less chance of being a rebound/inbetween.

Ordinary Girl said...

We shall see Vi, we shall see, though I'm not really holding out any great hopes. Who knows!