Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scarey Days

For a short time this morning, I had one of the most horrible experiences of my life.

I received a phone call at 8am (always early for me!) from Tim (husband of Valerie, and groom in the Vegas wedding!), who I literally haven't spoken to since Vegas! He was calling to tell me about the massive earthquake in Christchurch, home of my bestie ATM, and that they hadn't been able to get a hold of her.

I tried to call myself, and then text asking for update, but fully expected that phones would be down so I didn't hold out much hope of hearing anything. I managed to keep it together to get X to her holiday club, but on the drive to work I just felt awful. It really was one of the worst hours of my life.

Eventually I was parked up, composed enough, and it was late enough (just in case she didn't know) to call her mum,. Thank goodness that she had heard from her that all was well, and that both ATM and hubby were safe and sound, although they have no power, no phones, etc, etc. The relief! I can't tell you!! I ended up in tears going into work, which I think was just the adrenaline release from the worry.

Much love to ATM and Mr ATM - which I really should say more often... though, I do have a hard ass reputation to uphold you know!

Update: Have received an email from them, and she sounds like the typical ATM that I know and love, so feeling much better! Although, lets hope there are no more bloody earthquakes - I really, really can't take the stress!!

2 comments:

ATM said...

Hey its me ATM and Earthquake Expert, ah love you for this :-)

Earthquakes are buggers...because either
a) you don't survive
b) you do survive but have no home/power/water
c) you survive, have home/power/water and still have to go back to work.

Is there no justice in the world?

Ordinary Girl said...

Aw thank you :-)

There is positively no justice in the world! I knew this for certain when I realised that:
a. I will never be thin
b. I am unlikely to ever be rich
c. I will not end up marry Robbie Williams.

Life is SOOOOOO unfair....!