Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Halloooooo February!

So, the year (if you start in crappy January) started off on New Years Eve with a trip to the doctors, immediate nebulising, and £28 worth of prescription medication as the result of a really bad chest infection, and for the first week of January I alternated between my bed and the sofa, with frequent use of inhalers and the necessary school runs. It continued in its inimitable way when I went back to work eventually, only to be told that there appeared to be no funding for my service (and subsequently my post!) as from the end of March! The next 3 weeks were spent going stir crazy, completely broke, and not answering the phone to all the bills people I hadn't paid in December! As well as stressing about my last Uni assignment, which I had already had a 2 week extension for, and when I wasn't doing it, it was ruining my free time thinking I ought to be doing it! Some light came in the last few days, with the completion of the dreaded assignment, the onset of payday last Thursday and then a lovely night-in-takeaway-catch-up with Lily on Saturday night, followed by a perfectly relaxing Sunday which I spent knowing there was truly nothing I needed to be doing!

However, I think it is very fair to say that I was not sad to see the back of it, and today...? Well today I have started February with money in my purse, all my outstanding bills now cleared, no more Uni (well, until dissertation time), plans for the next 4 Saturday nights and the sun shining (even if it is still bloody freezing!). Ah, I love February!

3 comments:

Princess Gin... said...

January, such a yesterday month...

Ordinary Girl said...

Lol - hello Princess Gin, it certainly is!

Alfie said...

In theory (because of Emma's birthday) I have to love February, no matter what the weather throws at us.