Saturday, February 05, 2011

Saturday, Saturday

So the weekend has come. Yay!

I have dropped the kids off at bowling, done a quick clean downstairs and am now sat mooching about on t'internet looking for a new car. Not that I can afford a new car - not by a long shot, but my little moty car has done 97000 miles now, and I have a really bad feeling that the head gasket is about to go, so am thinking it is better to offload it before it dies completely than wait until the inevitable. Also, my bank has been foolish enough to give me a loan (well I'll believe it when its in my bank!), which was my intention to pay off an existing high interest loan with, but I could keep some of it back for a new car if need be, which is not ideal but possible. My other option is to pay off the higher interest loan completely, with the low interest one, reducing my monthly payment by about £25 a month, and then look at buying a new car on a payment plan (if they'd give it to me!) costing about £130 month, leaving me £100 a month worse off, but with a brand spanky new car!! Oh I don't know - decisions, decisions!! At the end of the day, my credit rate is not what it could be (although it had flipped up to Average for the first time in history just before Christmas!), so it may not be my choice at all - but the banks!

Well, I am off for a lengthy bath before collecting X and Y, and spending the rest of the day on my sofa, book in hand, and then off out for a curry and drinks for friend Jamie's birthday tonight.

Ah, the joy of Saturdays!

No comments: