Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Drunken bum

I apologise for any rambling posts over the weekend - I managed to get myself pissed, by myself, on 3 glasses of 15% dessert wine on Friday night and didn't get to bed until 2am, followed by my birthday pyjama party on Saturday, where accompanied by Lily, Disco, Suze and Jamie I proceeded to drink much more wine before falling into bed approximately 4am. In fact, as I'm typing this I can see the huge bags under my eyes reflected in the monitor!

So, to catch up briefly, had a night out to a Northern Soul and Funk night the Friday before last, where much stupid dancing was done, alongside laughing with the girls, and catching up with some old faces I haven't seen in a long time, which is always nice. So that, combined with this weekend of late nights, plus plans for a party Saturday night, followed by a night out next Friday, my social life is looking up but my pockets are looking emptier and my face is looking tireder. Never mind, I suppose I should make the most of the offers while they come.

Money has not been helped by the fact that Christmas is fast rolling round, which I absolutely love, and after 4 years, finally doesn't feel marred by the DM situation. I am having the family to me this year, for the first time, so there will be Little Sis and hubby staying Christmas Eve again, which was lovely last year, and then we will be joined by my Mum and Littlest Brother on Christmas Day - where hopefully my Mum will make sure we manage to eat an edible Christmas dinner!! For the first time ever, I think, I am really organised this year - nearly all my presents are bought, some of them wrapped, and I even have my food ordered online for delivery on 22nd December! I am feeling very smug about it all - though have to admit it's more need than planning, as I just don't have the disposable income to leave it all to the last minute like I usually do.

Not only is Christmas impacting, but maintenance from Y's dad has stopped completely, and for the foreseeable future as he has just been diagnosed with Schizophrenia at the grand old age of 40, and been sectioned under the Mental Health Act. I've had to tell Y, who is always backward at coming forward at the best of times, which has been awful, and we're just trying to make it a normality - because I'm assuming this is likely to be an ongoing issue that needs to become part of his life, and mine by default. I'm also trying to ignore the paranoia about how such things run in the family, and take faith in the fact that there is no other mental illness in his family and that they believe this has been brought on by long term alcohol dependency, which hopefully my Y will avoid! On top of that, my poor boy has A Level exams in January, in at least 3 of his 4 subjects, and he is struggling with that - so I guess the next month or two are not going to be easy going!

On the bright side, I am off for nearly a fortnight over Christmas, and I just can't wait!!

2 comments:

Alfie said...

Off work for a fortnight! Whatever will you find to do? We hope you have a brilliant Christmas, which you certainly deserve.

Ordinary Girl said...

I am sure I will manage to keep myself busy :-) Thank you Alfie, hope you and Emma have an equally brilliant one too!