Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bitter sweet

This evening, unprompted:

Y - "I might be getting my Christmas bonus soon"
Me - "What Christmas bonus"
Y - "For EMA"
Me - Oh right, didn't realise you got a Christmas bonus
Y - Yeah, £100 I think
Me - Oh, okay
Y - So if you're really strapped, then you can use that

I'm proud that he's such a good and thoughtful boy, but also guilty that at 16 he should even have to worry about whether I can make ends meet! My kids shouldn't have to be party to that.

4 comments:

Alfie said...

You have obviously done a great job raising that boy.

Ordinary Girl said...

Yeah, I hope so. He was a pretty easy boy to raise though to be honest.

Joanna Cake said...

What a wonderful thing for him to say/do! As Alfie said, you've done a great job x

Ordinary Girl said...

Thank you Joanna - I appreciate that. I do my best!!