Saturday, March 26, 2011

Getting my rocks off

I was, indeed, getting my rocks off last night - though, unfortunately, not in the way you may imagine! Ended up on a last minute trip to London, going to see Primal Scream at the Brixton Academy, which despite being an expensive ticketed venue, is undoubtedly a complete dive! That said, I do love a good dive, and it was good to be out and about doing something different to a usual weekend. I always forget how much I love live music until I go and see it, and then end up thinking "I must make sure I get to more gigs!", and invariably not getting round to it.

Last night was a bonus though, as I ended up being the driver (they were let down by someone last minute), and in return I got a free ticket to the gig, plus £50 petrol costs, so had a brilliant night out and made about £20 into the bargain! You really can't argue with that.

However, after a 4am bedtime and a 9am getting up time, I have to say my age is beginning to show, and today I managed to get all my jobs done this morning, including the shopping, just to ensure that I had nothing to do this afternoon but lay on the sofa (and have a little snooze!).

Jamie is due round later, and possibly Bea and mate, as I was originally holding a full girly evening tonight, which I'd already rescheduled but which left them with no plans for this evening, so it seems a mini girly evening was required! Which, to be honest I could do without as I'm fit for little other than pjs and telly, lol! Sure I will manage to get into it though, as long as they don't stay all bloody night...!

1 comment:

Alfie said...

Glad you had such a good time. You deserve it.