Monday, February 08, 2010

White stuff and weekends

Well, the British winter is doing us proud this year - more snow today! I love the snow, and don't care how much of a nuisance it is. It's winter, we're meant to have wintry weather! This positive attitude is helped by the fact that I am currently snug and warm in my living room, with the ipod playing in the background, under the pretence of studying (yes, the studying has yet to commence and the clock is ticking...!), just watching the snow float by.

I am at home for another reason, as I went for the ultrasound on my throat this morning, which was quite an odd experience as the only experience of ultrasounds I've previously had were pregnancy related - so most strange to have your throat, not your stomach scanned. Who knows what will come of it, I will just have to wait and see what the results say, but I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a diagnosis!

To catch up, I've had quite a busy and sociable weekend this weekend! It was friend Jamie's 40th birthday on Friday, so to celebrate a Mods and Rockers fancy dress pub crawl was afoot! I did make the effort to dress up, as a 1950's rocker in case you're wondering - I will have to see if there are any photo's lurking - but the getting completely trollied on a pub crawl is not my style, so it was sober shenanigans for me, and drunken ones for pretty much everyone else. Was quite a good night though, with a good number of people there, although I decided to call it a day at 12.30am rather than continue on to the after-party. I was feeling completely shattered Friday, so was lucky to make it out at all, and Y was babysitting X, so I don't like to be out til all hours of the morning. Not to mention having to get up for bowling at 9am on Saturday!

Saturday night was spent with Lily at home, in front of the TV (that didn't really get watched) with a takeaway curry and lots of chitter chatter. Always a pleasure to catch up with her, and managed to talk ourselves nearly asleep as usual! Another early rise on Sunday morning as I am doing some rearranging of sleeping arrangements, and my dad was coming to dismantle Y's current bunk/double futon and replace it with a double futon only. Next weekend X is moving from a single to a double bed so more room arranging will be taking place!

So, another weekend is over, and another week begins.

1 comment:

Alfie said...

I was a Mod once (a real one) but I was too young to get a scooter.