Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shame is in the air

Happy Valentine's Day to you all, hope that it brings the love you wish for xx

In Valentines News, goddammit those Facebook applications!! You may remember JB, old friend I saw just before Christmas who put me in a spin with the the briefest of kisses. Well, I haven't seen him since, despite some veiled invitations to get together, so I've just kind of got on with it, though the crush (which is probably the best way to describe it) has remained, slightly abated.

Anyway, I don't know what is wrong with me today, but browsing Facebook there is a new application, called Valentine's Day Love Calculator - a stupid thing where you put in someones name and it gives you a % of how much you love them! Playground stuff really. So, anyway, in goes JB's name, and it comes up with a rating of 87% that I love him (how sweet), which is fine, except it automatically posts it to his wall, and I'm thinking shit, shit, shit, I don't want him to see I did that - so a very short few seconds later the post is removed, and my face is saved.

Half an hour later, I see that he has done mine (and loves me 84% incidentally) and it's there for all the world to see. Now, I'm assuming that he saw my notification before I deleted it and so is just messing, but he hasn't done any other friends names! So, in my spontaneous stupid way, I redid his, expecting to get a 2% or something, only for it to bring up 82% and this time I have left it up. I also commented "Mwah Mwah xx" on his, thinking that if he's only messing (which I'm sure he is) then at least I look like I'm all cool and know he is only messing, blah blah blah.

Only.... That then wasn't enough for me! Oh no, that little carpe diem devil that lives inside me and is usually constrained by life in general poked her head out and the next thing I know I've emailed him...
" Hey there JB :-)
Just thought that as it's Valentine's Day, and in the interest of Carpe Diem, I would seize the opportunity to tell you that I think you are fabulous!! I think I may have a little crush ;-)
Big hugs xxxxxxxxxx"

Shit!!! What was I thinking?!!? I'm cringing with embarrassment now! Seriously, grimacing with shame at the computer! Which is stupid really, because what does it matter if he thinks eugh and is too embarrassed to reply or speak to me in public again, lol. It will get forgotten over time, or be dismissed or go down in the annals of OG time as that embarrassing incident.

But, oh, fucking Valentines Day and Carpe Diem - not a good combination!

2 comments:

Alfie said...

You are such a heart-on-sleeve girl, he ought to love you 100%.

OG said...

Ah, thank you Alfie! He has not replied, as I mostly expected so think laughing it off as joking will be the way forward :-) Have to say the older I get the more I think if people like you they won't be put off by all the things we spend so much time trying not to be.