Sunday, November 01, 2015

A Most Suitable Man!

For the third time in 6 weeks I find another man crossing my path. This one, however, being not only very suitable, but also very lovely!!!

Ended up going out with Bea tonight, somewhat randomly as it had been my intention to have a quiet night in!  As usual, we ended up down the local and it didn't take me long to spot a handsome chap across the bar!  As he was probably slightly out of my league, and I was feeling pretty 'fuck it', I thought I'd chance my arm, so smiled widely when he went past, and then did a bit of blatant clocking him for a while, followed by strategic bar visit when he went to get a drink.  I gave him a very wide smile and he said hello, followed by "I like your shoes, I clocked those earlier".  Bit random, but any opening is an opening...!  I responded with "I don't think they'd fit you", but he just said "I didn't mean for me" and then wandered off. So, not going well...

Not one to give up too easily, and with the ice broken, I strategically placed myself to be within arms distance to allow follow up of conversation.  Not five minutes later, after another smile from me, he suddenly reached across to take my wrist and started to talk about my tattoo, which is, apparently, one of four symbols on a Led Zeppelin album, and he has another of the four on his shoulder.  

We spent the next little while generally chit chatting, during which I discovered he is 39, lives in next large town, has a 7yr old son, has been separated from his sons Mum for about 12months (and spoke in a very positive way about the break up), works in business development, and was in the band playing before we had arrived.  All good so far, plus he's sober (driving), plus he is almost my perfect physical type!  Happy days!!

So, the night goes on.  Some chatting, some seperate time, some chatting again, and then about 12.45am, it's just me and him of our respective crowds and he suddenly gets all bashful before asking if I'd like to go out sometime :-)   I give him my number, get him to call while we're listening so we know it's in right, and then we continue chatting and mingling for another 45minutes or so before he and his mate make a move to go.  We say goodbye, agree be lovely to see each other again, and off he goes!

About 15minutes later I go to save his number in my phone and accidentally call him!!  After a desperate dash to cancel I realise it will probably show as a missed call, (and he'll assume I'm a stalker!!), so text to say "Sorry, was trying to save your number and called accidentally. Lovely to meet you. Speak soon! OG".  He responded with "Likewise, it was proper nice to meet you too. I've just realised, we didn't have that dance, dam!  Hopefully I'll get one soon...x", to which I responded "Definitely! x"

I think it's fair to say I am a happy bunny going to bed now!




No comments: