Sunday, July 04, 2010

Relations

I have had an unusual, but lovely weekend this weekend. Friday night saw a bunch of girlies at the local comedy night for Bea's sisters birthday, which was all good fun, especially as I caught up with mate Molly, who I haven't seen for ages.

Saturday, carnival day in our town, dawned bright and early, and after the usual Saturday morning bowling for X and Y, X and I headed into town to view the carnival procession before meeting with my cousin A, who I haven't seen for 30 years! He contacted me on Facebook a while ago now, and then a few weeks ago suggested coming to visit (this partly prompted me to contact my biological father I think). I was a bit sceptical to be honest, but its kind of difficult to refuse, and to be honest, I am glad now that he did.

He arrived on the train about 2pm, and bless him had brought presents (2 Wii games and an £18 photo frame - not to be sniffed at!!) for us all, so we headed home for a while and had a bit of a chit and a chat, before X was picked up by her daddy for the weekend, leaving us free to spend an enjoyable afternoon frequenting some of the gardens of the local pubs. And frequenting we did, barely making it back to the 10pm train in time. It was good. He is a slightly odd kettle of fish, but to be honest, it was nice to see someone from my paternal side, which, after meeting him, seems to be a very small clan indeed.

Today is being spent doing nothing after a long lie in this morning, and a happy daughter home just now after partying in the park for carnival weekend with her dad. Roast is in, telly is on, kids are happy. Perfick!

No comments: