Sunday, June 13, 2010

Best Laid Plans

Well, the date didn't happen. I have to say, I'd predicted a bail, and sure enough early Saturday morning pre-bail appeared in the form of a text to say that he had man flu and things didnt look good for later. The bail was confirmed by a similar text at lunchtime to say he was worse. My immediate reaction was "bullshit" and the only thing that prevented me from texting to say that actually I didn't believe him, and was subsequently pretty disappointed in him was the fact that the mother of his son had posted a comment on ye good olde facebook yesterday to say that she hoped we both had a good night. Something she would only have known from him telling her, which would imply an intention to go.

However, even assuming the best case scenario, and that he fully intended to go but was actually really ill, I'm pretty much finished with it. That was my plan, and I have no more. I won't be inviting him to any other events and I'm pretty sure that given some encouragement he might have tipped over the edge, but I'm also very sure that he won't go out of his way to push the issue himself. So, thats it. Whats done is done.

1 comment:

Alfie said...

We were so looking forward to a happier post. You must be almost as disappointed as Emma!